The Blue Raccoon

Saturday, November 01, 2008

The Ragtime book arrived! The Ragtime book arrived!
Richmond In Ragtime has arrived at the Valentine Richmond History Center, soon in finer book shops everywhere (around here) and Amazon and Barnes & Noble.com


Yes, billion-eyed audience, this handsome, 221-page, fully-illustrated narrative chronicle of three rambunctious years, 1909-1911, in Richmond has arrived and will various shipments will be appearing at assorted stores and shops as the days go forward.

The first place RIR meets the general public, though, is at the 14th Annual Holiday Shoppers Fair that all the city's regional museums band together to display their offerings for the discerning Richmond gift-giving season buyer. I'm there representing for the Valentine Richmond History Center and The History Press.

I'll be there the second day, at the Library of Virginia, Saturday, Nov. 8 1:00 to 3:30. Not my only appearance, to be certain, and I'll post other places I'll be.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At 9:36 PM, Blogger darkfoam said...

yayyyyyyy!!!
clap, clap, clap, clappa clap ..
congratulations!

 
At 1:00 PM, Blogger HEK said...

Thanks for visiting my little corner of the Intertubes. And I wish I had that beer right about now. --=HEK

 
At 9:23 PM, Blogger darkfoam said...

forget the beer ..
let's get the bubbly out..
to celebrate your book, of course..
but also this tuesday..

 
At 7:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoyed meeting you today at the library (see, I told you I was a member of the billion-eyed audience!). I've read some of your new book; it's excellent. Here's hoping "Ragtime in Richmond" is a big seller.
-Jason Holt

 
At 5:43 AM, Blogger HEK said...

Jason, it was grand to meet a member of the billion-eyed audience.

I should get a T-shirt made: "Member of the Billion-Eyed Audience" with a Blue Raccoon image; maybe a bespectacled blue raccoon slumped in front of a computer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home